Web Design & Development
Pixo builds websites that people enjoy using because the functionality is straightforward, the aesthetics are appealing, and the design is built on a thorough understanding of user needs, current trends, and technology.
Pixo's builds user-centered online experiences by:
- identifying and meeting differing user needs;
- providing professional, appealing, and usable interfaces;
- creating intuitive, elegant, and expandable information architecture and navigation;
- delivering substantive content and functionality which can change and grow;
- maximizing site accessibility for users with disabilities and older technology; and
- ensuring the maintainability of a site through correct choice of technology, simplicity of organization, and appropriate documentation and training.
We are information architecture experts.
Large web sites require planned navigation, labeling, and search systems. Pixo organizes information and tests our work to ensure that users can easily meet their goals. Pixo has untangled large websites framing them in elegant, intuitive, consistent architectures. We've created portals, selected between audience-specific and task-based navigation systems, written alphabetical indexes, built architectures from the bottom up by cataloging and then classifying content, and designed top-down navigation structures. Our graphic design team creates color and layout choices that support the site architecture. Our programming team builds and customizes site search systems.
Pixo has untangled large websites by framing them in elegant and intuitive architectures, such as:
- re-making a 3000-page Committee on Institutional Cooperation website from a jumbled filing cabinet into a powerful information resource
- launching an award-winning www.UIC.edu information architecture that has stood the test of time since 2001
- converting over 1500 pages into a new structure for Illinois Association of REALTORS®
We create clients who don't need us anymore.
A website is useless without the power to maintain it. Pixo understands that a good website comes with a way to keep it current and organized while reducing, or even eliminating, further need for consulting services. To help keep clients independent, we are well-versed in content management systems that are easy and powerful for users, no matter what their technical skill level.