Are you naturally curious and energized by meeting new people? Do you enjoy gaining a deep understanding of organizations, uncovering interesting opportunities, and keeping track of all of the details in-between?
Pixo is looking for the right Account Executive to help find organizations that will benefit from our custom software consulting services. You’ll work directly with our President and Business Development Manager to identify and manage opportunities and relationships across the full cycle of our sales process.
If you don’t check all the boxes below, don’t sweat it. We use the word “ideal” for a reason. If you’re excited about this position, then we’re excited to hear from you!
- Work with the Business Development team to develop ideas and strategies for identifying, connecting with, and helping close contracts with new clients.
- Explore project requirements, goals, and constraints with prospective clients.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary group of Pixo consultants to develop innovative engagements that are the right fit for qualified prospects.
- Assist with creating presentations and proposals and delivering them to clients.
- Actively track and follow-up on pending opportunities.
- Manage ongoing relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Spend time with each part of the company to learn — and stay up to date with — what we do, how we do it, and how we evolve over time.
- Actively represent Pixo in the C-U community and beyond, via networking events, conferences, etc.
- Must be able to work on-site in our Urbana office. Travel, including occasional overnight trips, is expected (up to 25%).
Ideal Background and Skills:
- Naturally curious with a genuine interest in people
- Outgoing and extroverted
- Strong communication, writing, and listening skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Shows genuine and proactive interest in design and technology
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Team-player who truly believes that we achieve more together
- Actively maintains and grows an existing professional network
- Able to engage with the big picture while also paying attention to the specifics and details
- Highly organized with proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple leads with parallel timelines.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Business Development / Sales, Marketing or Communications field required. Working for a digital services, software development, website development, and/or digital marketing firm is a plus.
At Pixo you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a typical project, we most often create web applications, mobile/embedded applications, and websites. Pixo has always believed that true power lies in building connections and coined the phrase “connected engineering” — creating software that connects to our clients’ hardware.
Pixo was founded in 1998 and has been a force in the local tech and design communities and an advocate for human-centered workplaces ever since. We are proud to be a woman-owned company.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
- We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
- We care for our teammates as people, encourage each other to take time off, and offer a great benefits package.
Other Things You Might Want to Know
Department: Business Development
Location: On-site in Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401(k), company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.