Join the growing content strategy consulting team at Pixo, where you will partner with a diverse range of clients to create clear, informed strategies for content that empowers audiences to meet their goals. We’re looking for someone with professional experience in content strategy who has a passion for clear communication and a driving curiosity to engage with people.
Specific duties will include:
- Interviewing various client stakeholders to understand client business goals, brand differentiators, target audiences, and content tone and voice
- Helping clients define editorial workflow and content governance
- Combining user research, content audits, and other sources to determine ways to improve engagement and user experience
- Helping create and recommend revised structure and navigation for clients’ websites and systems
- Creating and managing content migration plans and editorial calendars
- Reviewing content for consistency, tone and voice, grammatical accuracy, editorial style, and user understanding
- Modeling complex processes and plans to communicate to stakeholders and team members
- Presenting strategic recommendations to clients
- Facilitating interactive, informational workshops with clients
- Collaborating with graphic designers and developers to create engaging web experiences and author-friendly user interfaces
- 4+ years of content strategy experience
- Demonstrated understanding of content strategy, website design, and production processes
- Experience administering or using web content management systems
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as interviews, document review, surveys, usability testing, and analytics analysis
- Experience taking feedback from diverse stakeholders and synthesizing multiple perspectives
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- An available portfolio of content samples for digital media
We will consider candidates seeking part-time and full-time positions. We are working remotely from home for now. Eventually, we expect this employee to be with us on-site in Champaign-Urbana.
At Pixo, you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a “typical” project, we most often create web applications, mobile/embedded applications, and websites. Pixo has always believed that true power lies in building connections and coined the phrase “connected engineering” — creating software that connects to our clients’ hardware.
Pixo was founded in 1998 and has been a force in the local tech and design communities and an advocate for human-centered workplaces ever since. We are proud to be a woman-owned company.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
- We care for our teammates as people, encourage each other to take time off, and offer a great benefits package.
Other things you might care about:
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k matching, company sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, additional 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget, and more.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a letter explaining your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.