Pixo’s User Experience & Design team is looking for a versatile teammate who is ready to understand complex user challenges and wrestle with interface solutions that aim to solve them. Typical activities include gathering and evaluating user requirements, producing wireframes, workflow diagrams, comparative analyses, and visual designs. We also conduct usability studies and engage both stakeholders and users through a variety of interview and research techniques.
Our user experience team includes professionals who specialize in content strategy, UX design, information architecture, and visual design. We blaze the trail for our project teams, working closely with our clients and their users to uncover their goals and pain points. It’s not uncommon to find us sketching together in one of our whiteboard rooms or filling a wall with Post-its to analyze some research.
For this particular position, which is an on-site position in Urbana, we are looking for an individual who can shift between UX research, UX design, and visual design. To do that well, the person would need to be skilled at interviewing and leading research activities, synthesizing research insights, translating concepts into rough designs for web pages and app interfaces, and creating final interface mockups. If you love the Sketch app, can’t resist doodling while you talk, and complain about hard-to-use apps (and door handles!), you are a good fit for this job.
- Knowledge of web standards and technologies, accessibility requirements, and mobile interface guidelines.
- Experience with research methods such as interviewing and usability testing.
- Able to receive feedback from diverse stakeholders and synthesize multiple perspectives.
- Capable of quickly producing wireframes and other low-fidelity visuals to illustrate ideas.
- Confident presenting work and engaging in conversation about decisions and conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- An available portfolio demonstrating professional project work related to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in user experience and/or graphic design for websites and digital products.
At Pixo you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a typical project, we most often create web applications, mobile applications, and websites. Pixo has always believed that true power lies in building connections and coined the phrase “connected engineering” — creating software that connects to our clients’ hardware.
Pixo was founded in 1998 and has been a force in the local tech and design communities and an advocate for human-centered workplaces ever since. We are proud to be a woman-owned company.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
- We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
- We care for our teammates as people, encourage each other to take time off, and offer a great benefits package.
Other things we want you to know
Department: UX & Design
Location: On-site in Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, 401k matching, company sponsored Medical, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.