Keep the pulse of our projects
- See that internal teams know what they should be working on.
- Understand each project well enough to prioritize work, recognize and anticipate problems, and articulate project details to clients.
- Be the keeper of the vision for the project, and regularly remind team members about the “why” of a project so they can share in the vision.
Capture, communicate, and keep accountable
- Capture important information and details throughout projects and record and communicate so PMs and all of Pixo can learn and grow.
- Communicate necessary information to the team and the client.
- Keep everyone accountable to responsibilities and deadlines.
- Maintain templates and documents to unify PM processes, improve PM efficiency, and follow best practices.
- Demand quality of your teammates and foster a project climate where any team member can raise concerns.
- Communicate effectively with each team member.
Make sure clients feel well-informed
- Ensure clients know what we’re working on and how we’re spending our time.
- Make clients aware of risks, blockers, schedule, and budget.
- Organize project kick-off meetings and gathering of requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate each project’s schedule, team roles, and deliverables.
- Run project stand-ups with our internal teams – work together to plan work, clear blockers, and facilitate task management.
- Regularly check-in with project teams – make sure projects stay on schedule, milestones are met, budgets are on-track, re-estimations are done as needed, and retrospectives are held regularly.
- Proactively identify the opportunities, risks, and blockers for each project.
- Own and update project status documents.
- Identify and schedule important meetings.
- Participate in resource planning, helping to optimize how team members are working across projects.
- Proven at managing projects – able to plan, prioritize, and manage deliverables for multiple projects with parallel timelines.
- Pays attention to the specifics and details. Doesn’t let things slip through the cracks. Takes initiative to raise issues and solve problems.
- Strong leader who thrives as a vocal and engaged member in a team environment.
- Comfortable balancing the different needs and opinions of many different people.
- Comfortable discussing and explaining project details with non-technical clients.
- Comfortable keeping everyone accountable.
- Efficiently clarifies next steps and communicates them to team members.
- Has exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses a working knowledge of production / project management tools including or similar to Basecamp, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
- Keeps cool under pressure.
- Confident during conflict and able to construct and propose rational solutions.
- Shows genuine and proactive interest in design and technology.
- Has experience working with a multi-disciplinary team to produce digital products.
- Knows what we’re talking about when we say “agile” or “scrum.”
Like all of the Pixo team, this job is remote, work-from-home until COVID-19 mitigations allow us to return from to the office. At that time, this position will be located in our Urbana offices with some flexibility to work from home.
At Pixo, you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a “typical” project, we most often create web applications, mobile/embedded applications, and websites. Pixo has always believed that true power lies in building connections and coined the phrase “connected engineering” — creating software that connects to our clients’ hardware.
Pixo was founded in 1998 and has been a force in the local tech and design communities and an advocate for human-centered workplaces ever since. We are proud to be a woman-owned company.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
- We care for our teammates as people, encourage each other to take time off, and offer a great benefits package.
Other things you might care about
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401(k), company sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.