Keep the pulse of our projects
- See that internal teams know what they should be working on.
- Understand each project well enough to prioritize work, recognize and anticipate problems, and articulate project details to clients.
- Be the keeper of the vision for the project, and regularly remind team members about the “why” of a project so they can share in the vision.
Capture, communicate, and keep accountable
- Capture important information and details throughout projects and record and communicate so PMs and all of Pixo can learn and grow.
- Communicate necessary information to the team and the client.
- Keep everyone accountable to responsibilities and deadlines.
- Maintain templates and documents to unify PM processes, improve PM efficiency, and follow best practices.
- Demand quality of your teammates and foster a project climate where any team member can raise concerns.
- Communicate effectively with each team member.
Make sure clients feel well-informed
- Ensure clients know what we’re working on and how we’re spending our time.
- Make clients aware of risks, blockers, schedule, and budget.
- Organize project kick-off meetings and gathering of requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate each project’s schedule, team roles, and deliverables.
- Run project stand-ups with our internal teams – work together to plan work, clear blockers, and facilitate task management.
- Regularly check-in with project teams – make sure projects stay on schedule, milestones are met, budgets are on-track, re-estimations are done as needed, and retrospectives are held regularly.
- Proactively identify the opportunities, risks, and blockers for each project.
- Own and update project status documents.
- Identify and schedule important meetings.
- Participate in resource planning, helping to optimize how team members are working across projects.
- Proven at managing projects – able to plan, prioritize, and manage deliverables for multiple projects with parallel timelines.
- Knows how to apply agile and scrum techniques.
- Pays attention to the specifics and details. Doesn’t let things slip through the cracks. Takes initiative to raise issues and solve problems.
- Strong leader who thrives as a vocal and engaged member in a team environment.
- Comfortable balancing the different needs and opinions of many different people.
- Comfortable discussing and explaining project details with non-technical clients.
- Comfortable keeping everyone accountable.
- Efficiently clarifies next steps and communicates them to team members.
- Has exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses a working knowledge of production / project management tools including or similar to Basecamp, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
- Keeps cool under pressure.
- Confident during conflict and able to construct and propose rational solutions.
- Shows genuine and proactive interest in design and technology.
- Has experience working with a multi-disciplinary team to produce digital products.
We encourage remote candidates to apply.
The entire Pixo team is remote and working from home until COVID-19 mitigations allow us to return to the office. Candidates who are hired will have the option of relocating to Champaign-Urbana at a later time; relocation assistance will be provided.
Ready to apply?
Note: This is not a job for juniors. You must have experience leading digital projects. This probably means two years or more of experience. If you don’t have that under your belt, and we should consider you anyway, let us know why!
We encourage diverse applicants. We work with different types of people and subject matter every day, and we need a variety of perspectives and points of view to do great work.
- A cover letter that lets us know why you’re a great fit for the job and why you’re interested
- A resume (or other representation of your experience)
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations.
Pixo was founded in 1998 and has been a force in the local tech and design communities and an advocate for human-centered workplaces ever since. We are proud to be a woman-owned company.
Employees receive a competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, 401(k) matching, company-sponsored Medical, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice-to-haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.