Resources for “just enough strategy”
Pixo presented at this year's Webcon conference.
Thanks for attending Pixo’s content strategy workshop at U of I Webcon 2019! We hope you left feeling equipped and fired up about the power of amazing content.
Check out the slides from the workshop, available on Speakerdeck.
To connect with Pixo, reach out via our contact form! We’d love to talk more with you.
Learn more about...
- “Creating a Content Inventory: A Journey Through the Five Stages of Grief,” UX Booth
- Content Inventory Spreadsheet by Donna Spencer
- Content Inventory + Content Audit: Why would you do one without the other? by Susan Evans
- Card Sorting: Designing Usable Categories by Donna Spencer (book)
- A Project Guide to UX Design by Russ Unger and Carolyn Chandler (book)
- OptimalSort (online card sorting software)
- Card Sorting: a Definitive Guide by Donna Spencer
- How to Make Sense of Any Mess by Abby Covert
Voice and tone
Writing for the web
- Content Design by Sarah Richards
- Nicely Said by Nicole Fenton and Kate Kiefer Lee
- “Write like a human,” Amy Thibodeau
- Hemingway app to test readability
- Best practices by Nielsen Norman Group
- “Keep your content on-strategy with this single statement,” Content Marketing Institute
Interested in learning more about content strategy in general? (Smart.)
- “Getting Started in Content Strategy,” Natalie Shaw
- “New Thinking: Brain Traffic’s Content Strategy Quad,” Kristina Halvorson
- “What Is Strategy (and Why Should You Care)?” Kristina Halvorson
- “What do content strategists do?” Cleve Gibbon
- Content Strategy for the Web by Kristina Halvorson and Melissa Rach
- The Content Strategy Toolkit by Meghan Casey
- The Elements of Content Strategy by Erin Kissane